Follow me!

Mrs. Keller

Mrs. Keller

About Me

I have been teaching elementary school art for the past seven years and I LOVE what I do! I am a teacher who creates more messes than I can clean, thinks that glitter makes everything look better, and believes that art can bring people of all cultures together.

Blog Archive

Follow me!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Monoprints!

     My 6th graders this year are FABULOUS!  So, I am excited about doing fun, experimental art projects with them this year.  This project is one that I came up with using foil wrapped around a cardboard circle and using it to make monoprints.  Each table had two colors of paint on it and 4 paint brushes.  Students rotated to each table every 5-7 minutes so they could experiment mixing the different colors and making a different monoprint at each station.  Here are the students mixing colors and adding the paint to the foil surface:




Here are some finished monoprints:



And here are some finished prints with some colored pencil line drawings and patterns added:









1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of adding the patterns -- never thought of that. I will have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete