Follow me!

Mrs. Keller

Mrs. Keller

About Me

I have been teaching elementary school art for the past seven years and I LOVE what I do! I am a teacher who creates more messes than I can clean, thinks that glitter makes everything look better, and believes that art can bring people of all cultures together.

Blog Archive

Follow me!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Negative Space Hearts

I always start this lesson with the simple folding paper and cutting a half heart shape and let the kids go, "oh yeah, I already know how to do this...yada yada yada".  (They think they know everything, don't they?)  Then I tell them to throw the heart away, and that really gets them confused :)  I go through the whole positive space/negative space speech and tell them we will be filling in the "window" (or, the negative space) with shredded paper strips.  I love the effect, it reminds me of a paper weaving, but it is WAY simpler - if that is even a word??




No comments:

Post a Comment