Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Macaw Watercolor Paintings

Do you ever make a plan and write it down and then at the last minute decide to do something completely different? Yeah, that was me this morning 15 minutes before class started. And I'm glad I did. I went on a whim and decided to come up with a unit on the Rainforest for my 5th and 6th graders. For one, I looked at the hallway and saw some lonely wall space and envisioned an entire Rainforest display. I do that often...decide what art projects to teach based on where I'm gonna display it. We are making these paintings large, on 16x20 paper, so they will be quite striking on display. I had complete faith in this group of kids to make these paintings beautiful!  And I was right, again. I walked them through each step on how to draw the bird and how to use the watercolors to give it a feathered effect. Let me add, these were finished in one 50 minute class period! While they were working I showed them a You Tube video on the rainforest. 



   



Here are some finished paintings. 





No comments :

Post a Comment