Thursday, October 21, 2010

One-Point Perspective Name Drawings

This lesson is a follow-up lesson on one-point perspective city scenes I did with the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders.  The students were excited to be able to apply the same concepts in one-point perspective to make 3-D letters.  I had a step-by-step handout that we read aloud together to give the students an
idea about how the finished letters should look.  Next, we practiced on some sketch paper as a class.  I wrote 'Art Class' on the board and walked the students through making block-style letters to connecting all of the points to the vanishing point, and so on.  When they were comfortable enough, they were ready to use their own names with this method.  I think the finished results were great!  Here are some pics of students working on their drawings. 





I have my PowerPoint presentation playing on my computer which shows on the TV while the kids are working.  I am loving this technology stuff!


No comments :

Post a Comment