Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Handprint Snowflakes

This was a fun and easy project for little hands!  First of all, we discussed the shape that would best represent a snowflake.  We also talked about other shapes and lines that we can really see in a snowflake, lines, circles, triangles, etc.  I had an array of cool-colored paper on each table and demonstrated how to trace my hand with a pencil and cut it out (very carefully).  After each student had 6 hands cut-out, I demonstrated how to arrange the hands in a circle to represent a snowflake.  I also encouraged the students to cut a shape out of the middle of the hand to add another shape to the overall snowflake.  When completed, I added the glitter on top of the snowflakes and displayed them on our wall of windows in the stairwell.





No comments :

Post a Comment