Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Penguins, Polar Bears, & Snowmen!

Well, it finally decided to look like winter here in the Midwest.  So, what better way to ring in the season than to make some winter animals!  I got this adorable lesson from Mrs. Haake over at Apex Art, http://apexart.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html.

I loved all of the bright colors!  After 2 classes of penguins, however, I needed to mix-it up and add some other creatures.  So, we used the same concept of cutting specific shapes by making Polar Bears & Snowpeople.  To make the lesson go smoothly, I had pre-cut paper at each student's seat.  For example, I had the 10x10 background, a 9x9 white or black paper (depending on the animal), colorful 3x3 squares for the earmuffs, & strips of colored paper for the scarves.

Here are some of my student examples:


 Kennedy's Penguin - 2nd Grade

 Grace's Penguin - 3rd Grade
Destiny's Polar Bear - 2nd Grade

 Caleb's Snowman - 3rd Grade

Martha's Snowman - 3rd Grade

1 comment :

  1. I just did this with penguins. But maybe I'll keep switching it up the next few years and try the snowman and polar bear...because they are darling. Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete