Friday, October 4, 2013

Monoprints!

     My 6th graders this year are FABULOUS!  So, I am excited about doing fun, experimental art projects with them this year.  This project is one that I came up with using foil wrapped around a cardboard circle and using it to make monoprints.  Each table had two colors of paint on it and 4 paint brushes.  Students rotated to each table every 5-7 minutes so they could experiment mixing the different colors and making a different monoprint at each station.  Here are the students mixing colors and adding the paint to the foil surface:




Here are some finished monoprints:



And here are some finished prints with some colored pencil line drawings and patterns added:









1 comment :

  1. I like the idea of adding the patterns -- never thought of that. I will have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete