Friday, September 16, 2011

ROBOTS

Today, I had the Kg-3rd graders back-to-back, so I needed a project that would suit the very young artists and the older creative minds.  I had pre-cut paper available on the tables when the students came into the art room so they could to put together their robots without having to draw and cut the shapes out themselves.  I know that the cutting is important, but I wanted to emphasize the fact that they can create lots of things out of a simple rectangle without getting frustrated with the cutting part.  We also used Metallic Crayons, which didn't photograph well.  The sparkles really look nice on the dark paper.  I think it turned into an "out-of-this-world" art project!

 Anthony's Robot - 2nd Grade

 Noah's Robot - 2nd Grade

Will's Robot - 2nd Grade

 Iran's Robot - Kindergarten

 Justin's Robot - 1st Grade

No comments :

Post a Comment