Friday, January 9, 2015

Easy Tie-Dye

     Love, love the instant gratification this project allows. I've done this at my summer art camps before, but decided to use it with my Picture The Music lesson with one of my 5th grade classes. Take a piece of tissue paper and fold it many times until it's about a 3" square. Dip the ends into some liquid water colors and watch the colors bleed together. This is also a great way to let the kids be all 'science-y' and learn about absorption and color mixing. They were encouraged to think about what colors would best represent the song based on the mood or the feelings they got fr the song. They drew an abstract line and shape drawing that I plan to adhere the tissue paper to when they dry so the drawing will show through the paper. I'll post pics when we are done. 










No comments :

Post a Comment