Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One Point Perspective

     This lesson on one point perspective went incredibly well yesterday with my 5th and 6th graders! I was shocked how quickly they picked up on the basic knowledge of using the vanishing point for every line they drew! I don't have any finished projects yet to share but here are a few pics of the beginning lesson. I began class by showing this You Tube video I found and the students were quite intrigued with it. So, I think it heightened their interest in the drawing lesson itself. Otherwise they may not have been so excited about the project...who knows! It's hard to get adolescents excited about art sometimes. We plan on adding some really cool colorful designs to the sky next week. I'll keep you posted! 






2 comments :

  1. Can you please share the link? there wasn't one to click on in your description above! :) My email is cassiemae82@yahoo.com I am about to start perspective with my 6th graders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that he doesn't use a ruler in the video. I think kids need the ruler, at least as beginners.

    ReplyDelete